- A broad-spectrum antibiotic of the tetracycline group, which has a long half-life in the body.More example sentences
- More importantly members of tetracycline family (tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline, and minocycline) were found to be effective against worms.
- At the onset of symptoms, most patients will be treated empirically with tetracycline, doxycycline, or chloramphenicol to cover for other tick-borne diseases.
- Treat chlamydia with oral tetracycline, doxycycline, or erythromycin for 2 weeks.
1960s: from d(e)oxy- + tetracycline.
More definitions of doxycyclineDefinition of doxycycline in:
- The British & World English dictionary