- A woman who is the most respected or prominent person in a particular field: she’s the doyenne of daytime TVMore example sentences
- But if she became a doyenne in her chosen field, she never quite lost touch with her love affair with the opposite end of the lens.
- She talks to the former doyenne of daytime TV about her comeback.
- She has become the doyenne of historical fiction in this country.
mid 19th century: from French, feminine of doyen (see doyen).
More definitions of doyenneDefinition of doyenne in:
- The British & World English dictionary