Definition of dragée in English:
1A candy consisting of a center covered with a coating, such as a sugared almond or a chocolate.
- In the confectionery industry today, fruit pastes appear to have been reduced to a minor role as centres for fondant, chocolates, and dragées.
- They were inspired by the traditional French confectionery item, dragées, which are provided by godmothers for guests at christenings, and which originally had an almond in the centre.
1.1A small silver ball for decorating cookies or a cake.
- Silver dragées, often used for cake decorations, are dragées given a final tumbling with a little gum solution and sheets of fine silver leaf in a glass pan.
- Once iced you can apply silver dragées, or other sprinkles just as mentioned with the frosting above, before it hardens.
Late 17th century (also denoting a mixture of spices): French, from Old French dragie (see dredge2).
Definition of dragée in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.