A male duck: ducks and drakes [as modifier]: a drake mallard
More example sentences
- The family pets were dogs, cats, and a Muscovy drake duck named Lucy which lived for nine years.
- I also spent some time watching Eider ducks, the drakes easily distinguished by their white plumage and both species have a beak which resembles somebody with a huge ‘Roman nose’.
- So here is a better picture of a duck, an Eider drake I took earlier this year, on the Ythan estuary.
Words that rhyme with drakeache, awake, bake, betake, Blake, brake, break, cake, crake, fake, flake, forsake, hake, Jake, lake, make, mistake, opaque, partake, quake, rake, sake, shake, sheikh, slake, snake, splake, stake, steak, strake, take, undertake, wake, wideawake
(In fishing) a natural or artificial mayfly, especially a subadult or gravid female.
- The Thorax Gray Drake Fly is designed to provide buoyancy and balance on the water especially in the smaller hook sizes.
- Gray Drakes are the best dry fly on the Muskegon River.
- Fishing the Drake hatch in late May is somewhat of a festival.
Old English draca, from Latin draco 'dragon'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.