- A large structure with equipment for drilling an oil well.More example sentences
- As capital flowed in to buy gas reserves and ramp up production, drilling rigs and other equipment became scarce commodities, creating an upward spiral of costs.
- New drilling ships and semi-submersible drilling rigs such as Cajun Express allow drillers to work at far greater depths than more conventional platforms that rest on the ocean floor.
- Thirty-seven million gallons spill from oil tankers alone, and 15 million more from oil drilling rigs.
More definitions of drilling rigDefinition of drilling rig in:
- The British & World English dictionary