Definition of drink-driving in English:
British term for drunk driving.
- French police found that Paul was over the legal limit for drink-driving at the time of the crash.
- At the time of the chase, he was on bail for drink-driving and driving while banned.
- He has been released on bail, pending analysis of a blood sample, for drink-driving.
- Example sentences
- In other words, not all drink-drivers who watched the advertisements were caught by the police, and some who did not watch the advertisements were among those who were caught.
- The convicted drink-driver admitted to the officers he had ‘been in trouble with the police for violence’.
- We will be revealing the identity of convicted drink-drivers who shamelessly put lives at risk.
Definition of drink-driving in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan