Definition of drop-down in English:
1Dropping down or unfolding when required: an RV with two drop-down beds
More example sentences
- But, actually, there used to be a drop-down bar.
- Behind the drop-down door is room for a spacious, plastic trash container that keeps your daily household waste out of sight and out of mind.
- A large drop-down screen accommodates the football and rugby fans: go in any night when there's a big match on and plenty of people watching.
1.1 Computing (Of a menu) appearing below a menu title when it is selected, and remaining until used or dismissed. Compare with pull-down.
- You can store settings for multiple Web servers and then select one from a drop-down menu when it's time to upload your files.
- When someone starts typing a request into the search box, a drop-down menu appears with suggestions as to what that person could be looking for.
- Each channel group is updated separately and only when you select it from the drop-down menu.
Definition of drop-down in:
- British & World English dictionary