- (Chiefly in tennis or squash) a softly hit shot, usually with backspin, which drops abruptly to the ground.More example sentences
- As evidence of his grittiness, five times yesterday he followed a drop shot or shots with a birdie or birdies.
- Moya blew a second match point with a backhand drop shot that fell short.
- The Russian fifth seed wrapped up a comfortable victory with an exquisite drop shot after 71 minutes at Beijing Tennis Center, venue for the 2008 Olympic tournament.
More definitions of drop shotDefinition of drop shot in:
- The British & World English dictionary