- 1A noncommissioned officer commanding the drummers of a regimental band.More example sentences
- It seems she should still be out there in front of the band leading us onto the field as our drum major, not arranging a burial service for her son.
- Now that our drum major has decided to arrive, we can go out to the field.
- The drum major, in his tall black fur hat, face-to-face with Reagan, smartly saluted his departing commander in chief.
- 2The male leader of a marching band, who often twirls a baton.More example sentences
- She's a genius, a man-hater and the head drum major for our state wide championship marching band.
- I served the organization as a section leader, drill assistant and ultimately as a drum major.
- However, the true highlight of the evening was when our drum major Sean asked our band director if he could conduct our field show when we were to play it in the stands at halftime.
More definitions of drum majorDefinition of drum major in:
- The British & World English dictionary