Definition of drum majorette in English:
1The female leader of a marching band.
- Also, the fight scenes seem contrived and badly choreographed, with lots of pauses so that Conan can swing his sword around like a drum majorette's baton or freeze into cool action poses.
- I followed a mid-teen girl up my street who was pretending to be a drum majorette.
- I took piano, singing and dancing lessons, was a drum majorette, acted in plays.
1.1A girl or woman who twirls a baton, typically with a marching band or drum corps.
- The afternoon's festivities include a street parade complete with drum majorettes and floats, a number of soccer and rugby matches and traditional African dance and bands.
- School bands including drum majorettes will take part in the parade that will end at Johannesburg Stadium at 9: 30 am.
- Maybe they appreciated when I went streaking during last year's Harvest Day Parade and knocked over three drum majorettes and startled the horses.
Definition of drum majorette in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan