- Any of the small individual drupes forming a fleshy aggregate fruit such as a blackberry or raspberry.More example sentences
- I knew, of course, that in technical botanical language, the blackberry is not a berry at all, but an aggregate fruit of numerous drupelets.
- The crumbly berry is caused by the failure of some of the tiny drupelets, which make up the fruit, to develop.
- Each pistil is able to produce a seed and a drupelet.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin drupella, diminutive of drupa 'overripe olive' (see drupe).
More definitions of drupeletDefinition of drupelet in:
- The British & World English dictionary