- An ordinary exposed thermometer bulb, especially as used in conjunction with a wet bulb.More example sentences
- At a given temperature, high humidity causes little water evaporation and little cooling of the thermometer; therefore, the wet bulb thermometer reading is similar to that of the dry bulb thermometer.
- Comfort conditions were calculated from dry bulb, wet bulb and globe temperature measurements as well as wind speed.
- They calculated a temperature-humidity index that increases as dry bulb temperature and humidity rise.
More definitions of dry bulbDefinition of dry bulb in:
- The British & World English dictionary