- A rehearsal of a performance or procedure before the real one: the president went through a dry run of his speechMore example sentences
- At Chelsea, nurses conducted a dry run of the procedure on their own; other members prepared by reading the manual, and the surgeon did not participate in any team practice.
- Then again, it was just a charity preview and a dry run for the real thing.
- In July he went to Israel for 10 days in what security officials suspect was a dry run to test the security measures of the country's national airline, El Al.
More definitions of dry runDefinition of dry run in:
- The British & World English dictionary