- 1A machine or device for drying something, especially the hair or laundry.More example sentences
- The bathrooms are fully tiled while the fitted kitchens have a full range of appliances including washing machines, dryers and integrated hobs and ovens.
- Many of the laundromat's washing machines and dryers are near the front of the building and appear to have avoided damage.
- Then I returned to the laundry and found the dryer was done tumbling, but the heating element had failed.
- 2A substance mixed with oil paint or ink to promote drying.More example sentences
- The nonaqueous media include linseed or stand oils, dryers, varnish, alkyds, molten wax, organic solvent-based acrylic, epoxy, stains, and lacquers.
- In fact, any such improvement conferred on the paint medium was probably due to the incorporation of driers into the oil used in the varnish production.
- She sat William down in the seat next to Amy and told him about the paints and the dryer.
More definitions of dryerDefinition of dryer in:
- The British & World English dictionary