Definition of dryer in English:
1A machine or device for drying something, especially the hair or laundry.
- The bathrooms are fully tiled while the fitted kitchens have a full range of appliances including washing machines, dryers and integrated hobs and ovens.
- Many of the laundromat's washing machines and dryers are near the front of the building and appear to have avoided damage.
- Then I returned to the laundry and found the dryer was done tumbling, but the heating element had failed.
2A substance mixed with oil paint or ink to promote drying.
- The nonaqueous media include linseed or stand oils, dryers, varnish, alkyds, molten wax, organic solvent-based acrylic, epoxy, stains, and lacquers.
- In fact, any such improvement conferred on the paint medium was probably due to the incorporation of driers into the oil used in the varnish production.
- She sat William down in the seat next to Amy and told him about the paints and the dryer.
Words that rhyme with dryeracquire, admire, afire, applier, aspire, attire, ayah, backfire, barbwire, bemire, briar, buyer, byre, choir, conspire, crier, cryer, defier, denier, desire, dire, drier, dyer, enquire, entire, esquire, expire, fire, flyer, friar, fryer, Gaia, gyre, hellfire, hire, hiya, ire, Isaiah, jambalaya, Jeremiah, Josiah, Kintyre, latria, liar, lyre, Maia, Maya, Mayer, messiah, mire, misfire, Nehemiah, Obadiah, papaya, pariah, peripeteia, perspire, playa, Praia, prior, pyre, quire, replier, scryer, shire, shyer, sire, skyer, Sophia, spire, squire, supplier, Surabaya, suspire, tier, tire, transpire, trier, tumble-dryer, tyre, Uriah, via, wire, Zechariah, Zedekiah, Zephaniah
Definition of dryer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan