Entry from British & World English dictionary
Dive head first under the water while swimming: they duck-dived through the waves
More example sentences
- Today, to the east of the island, snorkellers duck-dive to touch the upturned body of an intact Zero.
- How can I duck-dive without aggravating my back?
- In a few minutes Rotondi teaches me the basics - how to duck-dive, how to conserve energy and therefore oxygen and therefore seconds.
A dive made head first while swimming.
- I longed to return to that innocent state of bumbling incompetence when a duck-dive was the pinnacle of achievement.
- Thanks to a spectacular duck-dive from Steve, the mask was retrieved.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: duck-dive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.