Definition of duckweed in English:
A tiny aquatic flowering plant that floats in large quantities on still water, often forming an apparently continuous green layer on the surface.
- Family Lemnaceae, in particular the genus Lemna
- Water hyacinths, duckweed, and pondweed are all aquatic monocots.
- Suzhou Creek became a hot topic among local residents late last month as vast expanses of green duckweed floated on the water.
- Silvery fish with scales like pearls and translucent blue fins like moonlight swam through the clear, cold water, hiding underneath duckweed and water-flowers floating above the pond's surface.
Definition of duckweed in:
- British & World English dictionary