Definition of duckweed in English:
A tiny aquatic flowering plant that floats in large quantities on still water, often forming an apparently continuous green layer on the surface.
- Family Lemnaceae, in particular the genus Lemna
- Water hyacinths, duckweed, and pondweed are all aquatic monocots.
- Suzhou Creek became a hot topic among local residents late last month as vast expanses of green duckweed floated on the water.
- Silvery fish with scales like pearls and translucent blue fins like moonlight swam through the clear, cold water, hiding underneath duckweed and water-flowers floating above the pond's surface.
Definition of duckweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan