- Denoting a gland that secretes directly into the bloodstream, such as an endocrine gland or a lymph gland.More example sentences
- Endocrine glands by contrast are ductless, and secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream.
- These cellular masses, designated as the ductless glands or glands of internal secretion, have during development lost their original connection with the epithelium of the free surface.
- Today's hype about genetic enhancement, cloning, and stem cells was preceded by a much earlier hype about hormones, secretions, and ductless glands.
More definitions of ductlessDefinition of ductless in:
- The British & World English dictionary