Definition of ductule in English:
A minute duct.
- Proliferation of ducts and ductules may become conspicuous.
- Under the low pressure of bile secretion, bile flows continuously along converging canaliculi, ductules and ducts.
- They are composed of islands, large nests, or sheets of tumor cells forming ductules, which are lined by cuboidal to columnar epithelium.
Late 19th century: Latin, diminutive of ductus 'leading'.
- Example sentences
- As the interlobular and septal ducts are destroyed, ductular proliferation may occur.
- One liver had a peripheral irregular zone of hyperplasia with ductular proliferation.
- Liver biopsies from the jaundiced patients were similar, with duct necrosis, ductular proliferation, and portal inflammation.
Definition of ductule in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan