Definition of duiker in English:
noun (plural same or duikers)
A small African antelope that typically has a tuft of hair between the horns, found mainly in the rain forest.
- Cephalophus and other genera, family Bovidae: several species, including the common duiker (Sylvicapra grimmia), of southern African savanna and bush, and the very small blue duiker (Philantomba monticola), prized for its skin
- In the centre of the country, the alpine moorland and montane forests of Mt. Kenya and the Aberdares conceal rare bongo antelope, red duiker, suni, bushbuck, Giant forest hog and colobus monkeys.
- Nyika is well known for its wild flowers and birds, also in addition the one park where roan antelope are common, zebra, eland, common duiker, reedbuck, bushbuck, blue monkey and leopard are also present.
- Animals include duikers, eland and colobus, vervet and blue monkeys.
Definition of duiker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia