informal , chiefly North American
Definition of dullsville in English:
A dull or monotonous place or condition.
- I wasn't given too much to work with, because this week's episodes were a new assortment of garbage from dullsville.
- For my money it tends towards dullsville, but for the vast majority of the public-on-wheels, the car does offer a fuss-free way to go to work, go to the supermarket and take the kids to the beach at the weekend.
adjectiveBack to top
Dull or monotonous: she transforms their dullsville life
More example sentences
- It's worth noting at this juncture that this particular guy works for the ‘information worker product management group’, the relatively recent dullsville tag for the bit that owns this program.
- If he is to compete in this suddenly hot publishing space, he will have to take his dullsville computer magazines and refit them as hip voices for the new economy.
- We once ate in a restaurant in Paris which did a pudding list which was as exciting as the main courses, but as a rule, it's dullsville.
Definition of dullsville in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan