informal , chiefly North American
Definition of dullsville in English:
A dull or monotonous place or condition.
- I wasn't given too much to work with, because this week's episodes were a new assortment of garbage from dullsville.
- For my money it tends towards dullsville, but for the vast majority of the public-on-wheels, the car does offer a fuss-free way to go to work, go to the supermarket and take the kids to the beach at the weekend.
adjectiveBack to top
Dull or monotonous: she transforms their dullsville life
More example sentences
- It's worth noting at this juncture that this particular guy works for the ‘information worker product management group’, the relatively recent dullsville tag for the bit that owns this program.
- If he is to compete in this suddenly hot publishing space, he will have to take his dullsville computer magazines and refit them as hip voices for the new economy.
- We once ate in a restaurant in Paris which did a pudding list which was as exciting as the main courses, but as a rule, it's dullsville.
Definition of dullsville in:
- British & World English dictionary