- A curved side piece of a vehicle chassis, to which the front springs are attached.More example sentences
- However, the hinges were on the inexpensive, household door variety welded to the dumb irons and radiator cowling.
- The dumb irons on my car were a bit on the flimsy side, so reinforcement plates were welded prior to drilling.
- While the dumb irons are in the same spot they are too wide and extend to far forward when fitted to a series chassis.
More definitions of dumb ironDefinition of dumb iron in:
- The British & World English dictionary