- A group of symptoms, including weakness, abdominal discomfort, and sometimes abnormally rapid bowel evacuation, occurring after meals in some patients who have undergone gastric surgery.More example sentences
- The patient may experience dumping syndrome as a result of food being advanced rapidly into the jejunum.
- A dumping syndrome also may occur with gastric bypass, which includes symptoms of flushing, abdominal pain, and diarrhea after rapid emptying of food into the jejunum.
- Patients who choose this procedure generally are very happy with it because the larger meal size is important to them and the absence of dumping syndrome also is relevant.
More definitions of dumping syndromeDefinition of dumping syndrome in:
- The British & World English dictionary