Definition of duodecimal in English:
Relating to or denoting a system of counting or numerical notation that has twelve as a base.
- In a duodecimal system (base twelve) why are letters sometimes used instead of numbers?
- The duodecimal calendar has survived since Babylonian times for a reason.
- The regime didn't like the 12-base, or duodecimal, calendar (inherited from antiquity and early Christianity), so it tried to impose a decimal calendar.
nounBack to top
- Example sentences
- Most common timings could be handled duodecimally with no need for time signatures.
- His plan would teach people to count duodecimally with two new digits: eight nine deck ell ten; and this by itself would recommend it, as duodecimal arithmetic is a coming reform.
- The figures, however, are obviously artificial, for they are usually round sums and, like the geld, frequently duodecimally based.