- Relating to or based on the number twelve.More example sentences
- Sexagesimal, duodenary and decimal systems based on the numbers 60, 12 and 10 are widespread.
- This calendar system, known in Thai as naksat pi, is based on a duodenary cycle of years, each year being associated with a particular animal.
- To be noted here is once again the forward shift of one duodenary cycle.
mid 19th century: from Latin duodenarius 'containing twelve', based on duodecim 'twelve'.
More definitions of duodenaryDefinition of duodenary in:
- The British & World English dictionary