Definition of duplication in English:
1The action or process of duplicating something.
- That would simply lead to a proliferation of bodies, unnecessary duplication of costs and effort, and coordination problems.
- Now, the idea there, as I understand it, is to avoid unnecessary duplication between submissions.
- All parties were permitted to be represented at the various phases in a manner designed to avoid unnecessary duplication.
1.2 Genetics A DNA segment in a chromosome that is a copy of another segment.
- The screen that generated these new sc alleles also produced autosomal duplications.
- This homolog maps on chromosome 10L and is part of the most recent set of segmental duplications in the maize genome.
- Why are there so many segmental duplications in the human genome?