- A hard mineral crust formed at or near the surface of soil in semiarid regions by the evaporation of groundwater.More example sentences
- A resistant rock cap such as a hard sandstone or a duricrust is one possibility.
- The Molopo River was sampled by first removing the duricrust and then sampling the underlying sediments.
- Due to the scarceness of datable sediments saprolites and duricrusts were widely used as defining features.
1920s: from Latin durus 'hard' + crust.
More definitions of duricrustDefinition of duricrust in:
- The British & World English dictionary