1A blank DVD on which data, including music and movies, can be permanently recorded and read using the DVD-R format.
- After recording, DVD-R discs can be read at the same rate as mass-produced replicated discs, depending on the ‘X’ factor of the DVD-ROM drive used.
- However, today's DVD-RAM drives also read and write DVD-R to provide for the data interchange function.
- Its format of choice is DVD + RW, which is able to read DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD + RW, but not DVD-RAM (it writes in DVD + RW format).
1.1A format for recordable DVDs used by some companies.
- If you have an old system, one that has had a lot of problems with reading DVDs, then DVD-R might not be for you.
- If you want to send me a movie that you produced on DVD-R or DVD-RAM, we may view it on my desktop DVD-RAM system or on the DVD recorder we're buying later this year.
- DVD-RW is the rewritable version of DVD-R and is also compatible with many of the newer DVD-ROM drives and DVD-Video players.
Abbreviation of DVD recordable.
Definition of DVD+R in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.