- Mother/infant dyads were recruited from the nursery of an inner city hospital.
- Twenty-two mother-child dyads participated in the study.
- Specifically, the model appears to be inadequate in explaining or predicting the influence that results when peer dyads are composed of aggressive and nonaggressive children.
- Data transformations can fuel fears that the trends noted with the transformation-averaging over serial dyads in this case - do not reflect trends in the raw data.
- The enzyme is active as a dimer with two symmetry-related active sites, each featuring a Cys-His catalytic dyad and a selectivity loop, which recognizes the characteristic DEVD pattern of the substrate.
- A nuclear protein binds selectively to the dyad Gpal element.
- Example sentences
- He insisted, ‘Agency is never the monopoly of one player, for both are locked in a dyadic relationship’.
- Actors engage in the formation of dyadic relationships, called guanxi, which are based on joint interest, interdependence, reciprocity, trust, and open-endedness.
- We examined the possibility that mutual hostility and permissiveness expressed key structural characteristics of dyadic interactions that could best be tapped by perturbing the system.
Late 17th century (originally denoting the number two or a pair): from late Latin dyas, dyad-, from Greek duas, from duo 'two'. Current senses date from the late 19th century.
Words that rhyme with dyaddryad, naiad, triad
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of dyad in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.