Definition of dyskinesia in English:
Abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement.
- The mainstay of treatment for primary ciliary dyskinesia involves chest physical therapy to enhance the clearance of bronchial secretions.
- They studied a strain of mice with a gene mutation that causes them to have attacks of dyskinesia, or abnormal movements several times a day.
- Despite an intense medical regimen for asthma she continued to have poorly controlled symptoms and concerns for vocal cord dyskinesia prompted a laryngoscopy.
- Example sentences
- Oral motor dysfunction and resulting difficulties are more frequently seen in children with spastic quadriplegia or the dyskinetic form of cerebral palsy.
- The dyskinetic movements were also videotaped and scored by a second neurologist.
- Finger foods may help individuals to be independent with feeding, and dyskinetic patients may also prefer to eat in the privacy of their own homes.
Definition of dyskinesia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan