Definition of dyskinesia in English:
Abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement.
- The mainstay of treatment for primary ciliary dyskinesia involves chest physical therapy to enhance the clearance of bronchial secretions.
- They studied a strain of mice with a gene mutation that causes them to have attacks of dyskinesia, or abnormal movements several times a day.
- Despite an intense medical regimen for asthma she continued to have poorly controlled symptoms and concerns for vocal cord dyskinesia prompted a laryngoscopy.
- Example sentences
- Oral motor dysfunction and resulting difficulties are more frequently seen in children with spastic quadriplegia or the dyskinetic form of cerebral palsy.
- The dyskinetic movements were also videotaped and scored by a second neurologist.
- Finger foods may help individuals to be independent with feeding, and dyskinetic patients may also prefer to eat in the privacy of their own homes.
Definition of dyskinesia in:
- British & World English dictionary