Definition of dysplastic in English:
- These dysplastic adenomas are precancerous. and are classified as villous, tubulovillous, and tubular.
- This has led many centres to establish surveillance programmes to identify dysplastic changes or early adenocarcinomas.
- Intestinal metaplasia or atrophy were present in only 10% of biopsies from patients with gastritis, and dysplastic glands were not identified.
1.1(Of dogs) having malformed joints resulting from a genetic condition.
- Never breed a dysplastic dog, no matter how good a worker or how wonderful a pet he or she is.
- The same sort of statistics would follow the enforced removal of all dysplastic dogs from breeding programs.
- According to OFA statistics, 14.6% of all Border Collie hip X-rays submitted are dysplastic or borderline.
1.2(Of moles) generally larger and with irregular and indistinct borders; often symptomatic of melanoma.
- Having more than 50 moles and/or moles larger than a pencil eraser in diameter, exhibiting dysplastic nevi or being born with moles also boosts risk.
- It could be normal, it could be a dysplastic nevi (an abnormal mole that could develop into skin cancer) or it could be skin cancer.
- The issue of whether one isolated, slightly atypical or dysplastic nevus is a clinical marker for an increased risk of melanoma is controversial.
Definition of dysplastic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.