Definition of dysplastic in English:
- These dysplastic adenomas are precancerous. and are classified as villous, tubulovillous, and tubular.
- This has led many centres to establish surveillance programmes to identify dysplastic changes or early adenocarcinomas.
- Intestinal metaplasia or atrophy were present in only 10% of biopsies from patients with gastritis, and dysplastic glands were not identified.
1.1(Of dogs) having malformed joints resulting from a genetic condition.
- Never breed a dysplastic dog, no matter how good a worker or how wonderful a pet he or she is.
- The same sort of statistics would follow the enforced removal of all dysplastic dogs from breeding programs.
- According to OFA statistics, 14.6% of all Border Collie hip X-rays submitted are dysplastic or borderline.
1.2(Of moles) generally larger and with irregular and indistinct borders; often symptomatic of melanoma.
- Having more than 50 moles and/or moles larger than a pencil eraser in diameter, exhibiting dysplastic nevi or being born with moles also boosts risk.
- It could be normal, it could be a dysplastic nevi (an abnormal mole that could develop into skin cancer) or it could be skin cancer.
- The issue of whether one isolated, slightly atypical or dysplastic nevus is a clinical marker for an increased risk of melanoma is controversial.
Definition of dysplastic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia