Definition of e-book in English:
1An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
- The file may be read on a personal computer, a personal digital assistant, or on an electronic device designed specifically for reading e-books.
- Books in digital format, also known as e-books, can be read on devices lacking the power and screen space to afford a regular Web browser.
- Almost everything is available on the web… products, services, e-books, software, audios, videos, membership sites, or newsletters.
1.1A dedicated device for reading electronic versions of printed books.
- This kind of e-book may be portable, but you still can't take it into the bath with you.
- And maybe then, and only then, will we design e-books that offer something better than paper.
- Like the e-books, the audio books come with some material of questionable value, which will not be mentioned.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia