Definition of e-crime in English:
Another term for cybercrime. the survey found that fewer than a quarter of companies even reported e-crime to the police
More example sentences
- A good starting point would be developing a globally harmonized framework of legislation against e-crime.
- We have a look at the latest techniques being used to stop e-crime.
- The government is shortly due to publish its Framework Strategy for e-crime.
- 1e-criminal noun
- Example sentences
- E-criminals take advantage of new broadband technology to infiltrate spamming software into computers, often in private homes.
- The report said the days when the e-criminal was a "lonely hacker searching for attention" are long gone.
- Software firms should be forced to pay up if their customers fall victim to e-criminals because of security flaws, an influential Parliamentary group said today.
Definition of e-crime in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.