- A retailer selling goods via electronic transactions on the Internet.More example sentences
- This easy way to avoid sales tax is one reason for the enormous popularity of mail order in the US and it means that US Internet e-tailers are used to not collecting sales tax too often.
- When the Seattle-based e-tailer, which sells IT kit including software, printers and computer components, realised what had happened it cancelled the orders.
- Another indication that this is the case comes from the terms that credit card companies give e-tailers.
1990s: blend of e- 'electronic' and retailer.
More definitions of e-tailerDefinition of e-tailer in:
- The British & World English dictionary