- A large marine ray with long pointed pectoral fins, a long tail, and a distinct head.
More example sentences
- Family Myliobatidae: genera Myliobatis and Aetobatus, and several species
- While he has never heard of a fatal attack by a spotted eagle ray, Cowen says it is quite common for the animals to leap out of the water.
- Spiny urchins crawl over much of the fairly lifeless rock, but we do see a moray, some curious wrasse and an eagle ray.
- At one point, a huge puffer vied for attention with an even bigger hogfish, while an eagle ray dug into the sand beneath an overhang of soft corals.
More definitions of eagle rayDefinition of eagle ray in:
- The British & World English dictionary