A large marine ray with long pointed pectoral fins, a long tail, and a distinct head.
- Family Myliobatidae: genera Myliobatis and Aetobatus, and several species
More example sentences
- While he has never heard of a fatal attack by a spotted eagle ray, Cowen says it is quite common for the animals to leap out of the water.
- Spiny urchins crawl over much of the fairly lifeless rock, but we do see a moray, some curious wrasse and an eagle ray.
- At one point, a huge puffer vied for attention with an even bigger hogfish, while an eagle ray dug into the sand beneath an overhang of soft corals.
Definition of eagle ray in:
- The British & World English dictionary