- Each of a pair of tufts of longer feathers on the top of the head of some owls. They are unconnected with the true ears.More example sentences
- Most every residential street with mature deciduous trees is sure to have a pair of these medium-sized owls with ear tufts (not always visible) and yellow eyes.
- Many species have ear tufts that have been suggested to have behavioral functions; they do not function in sound acquisition.
- We analyzed the basic shapes of the owl's body beginning with a circle for a head and an oval for the body, adding additional shapes for the facial discs, eyes, beak and ear tufts.
More definitions of ear tuftDefinition of ear tuft in:
- The British & World English dictionary