Definition of early warning system in English:
1A network of radar stations established at the boundary of a defended region to provide advanced warning of an aircraft or missile attack.
- To protect the United States, the Corps erected extensive radar early warning systems across northern Canada.
- The military conflicts in the Middle East have demonstrated the growing combat control role of airborne command and control centers with radar early warning systems.
- Naturally, to enable this function, they also would require the requisite command authority over missile and early warning systems.
1.1A condition, system, or series of procedures indicating a potential development or impending problem.
- With regard to bioterrorism, she pointed out that current technology could enable the public health system to put early warning systems in place.
- Such a system would create an early warning system, he says, that would quickly weed out problem products.
- Genetic biomonitoring of populations exposed to potential carcinogens is an early warning system for genetic diseases or cancer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan