- A pair of soft fabric coverings, connected by a band across the top of the head, that are worn over the ears to protect them from cold or noise.More example sentences
- However, when exposure is unavoidable, use earplugs or earmuffs to protect your ears from most common noise sources.
- Gordon said for headgear the team members will probably wear headbands, earmuffs and caps in the place of traditional nassait.
- Each of the girls, as well as Ethan, wore their thickest coats and warmest mittens, as well as scarves and hats and earmuffs.
More definitions of earmuffsDefinition of earmuffs in:
- The British & World English dictionary