Definition of earthmover in English:
A vehicle or machine designed to excavate large quantities of soil.
- Almost every boy has dreamt of driving a bulldozer or operating a big crane or pressing the pedal to the metal of an earth mover the size of a house.
- Did you see what the earth mover did to manipulate the ground?
- On Tuesday morning when I passed the spot on the other side of the carriageway I saw an earth mover and a gang at work to restore the caved in road and fill up the potholes.
- earthmoving noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- A local contractor did all the heavy earth moving and Hayes' brother, who is an irrigation contractor, did all the irrigation work and has been doing the finish work and seed bed preparation.
- The council says the earth moving and other operations carried out on the land already amount to unauthorised development.
- It will require more grading and earth moving than the Mitford west site and there are no amenities such as washrooms, water, telephones or power.
Definition of earthmover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.