- A toilet water with a strong, characteristic scent, originally made in Cologne, Germany.More example sentences
- His money and his establishment job are even more powerful than his eau de cologne in making people think he smells sweet.
- Their shoes were highly polished and their sports kit was laundered and ironed after every game and probably sprayed with eau de cologne.
- Whether these inducements worked or not I cannot tell, except to say that all four of my colleagues smelt like they had bathed in eau de cologne for a week before the contest began.
early 19th century: French, literally 'water of Cologne'.
More definitions of eau de cologneDefinition of eau de cologne in:
- The British & World English dictionary