noun• technical or • archaic
- 1The action of bubbling or boiling.More example sentences
- Temporal and spatial changes in bubble densities were highly heterogeneous, suggesting strong variability in factors affecting the gas ebullition.
- Clove oil can be extracted from the cloves if distilled with water, salt must be added to raise the temperature of ebullition and the same cloves must be distilled over and over again to get their full essence.
- Everywhere from its ebullition frogs, gnats and flies came forth.
late Middle English (used to describe a state of agitation of the bodily humors): from late Latin ebullitio(n-), from ebullire 'boil up' (see ebullient).
More definitions of ebullitionDefinition of ebullition in:
- The British & World English dictionary