- A marine invertebrate of the phylum Echinodermata, such as a starfish, sea urchin, or sea cucumber.More example sentences
- Included in this clade are three very different-looking phyla - the echinoderms, hemichordates and chordates.
- Basically what is available in the fossil record are only hard parts-bones and teeth for vertebrates, and shells for mollusks, arthropods and echinoderms.
- These taxa consist of a broad array of organisms, including foraminifers, corals, bryozoans, mollusks, echinoderms, and fish.
More definitions of echinodermDefinition of echinoderm in:
- The British & World English dictionary