- An echinoderm of the class Echinoidea; a sea urchin.More example sentences
- Fossils include foraminiferans, brachiopods, echinoids, pelecypods, cephalopods, shark teeth, fish vertebrae, as well as asteroids, gastropods, a pterosaur, a nodosaurid, and decapods.
- We have interpreted it as a synapomorphy for asteroids, ophiuroids, echinoids, and holothuroids, to the exclusion of the crinoids.
- Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting echinoids.More example sentences
- Seven horizons of echinoid aggregations, totaling approximately 3 % of the channel thickness, occur in the black shale.
- In the echinoid gene order, the tRNA gene cluster follows the putative control region.
- This implies that the ancestral polarity of the 4.6-kb inversion is the echinoid pattern.
More definitions of echinoidDefinition of echinoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary