Definition of eco-activist in English:
A person engaged in vigorous social or political campaigns whose aim is to prevent damage to the environment: according to eco-activists, many of these coastal fish farms are plagued by disease and pollution
More example sentences
- It is not only radical writers and eco-activists who have stoked up fears of unknown risks.
- In fact the term 'earthlings' is probably preferable to 'human beings' in the language of eco-activists.
- Despite scant media attention, eco-activists have been conducting semi-legal campaigns up and down the country.
- Example sentences
- This involves Greenpeace-type eco-activism on the high seas coupled with political intrigue.
- While it was in the opposition, the party served as a sort of umbrella group for various causes traditionally associated with left-leaning politics, such as the land-rights movement and eco-activism.
- She has been active in spiritually based eco-activism for over 30 years.
Definition of eco-activist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan