Definition of ecofeminism in English:
A philosophical and political movement that combines ecological concerns with feminist ones, regarding both as resulting from male domination of society.
- Political ecofeminism uses methods and approaches based on the idea that institutions like a state, which represent a convergence of different interests sharing power provide to a certain extent for the needs of the community.
- Both standpoint feminism and ecofeminism lead us to conclude the opposite.
- Still, this means that any college that studies/explores gender as a legitimate cultural ‘object’ of study - which most EEO institutions do - as it can legitimately study ecofeminism, all schools of it.
- Example sentences
- By claiming to speak for all women, socialist, radical, liberal and ecofeminists effect, in Haraway's view, an ‘unintended erasure of polyvocal, unassimilable, radical difference’.
- Economic ecofeminists demand that products from unsustainable conventional fruit farms that use chemical fertilisers and pesticides should be taxed for polluting the environment.
- I think this particular ecofeminist was saying that we should all be in tune with the sacred cycles of life.
Definition of ecofeminism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia