Definition of economize in English:
Spend less; reduce one’s expenses: I have to economize where I can people on low incomes may try to economize on fuel
More example sentences
- It's a starting point, but if it's all you can earn, then you should expect to economize and reduce your expenses while you look for a way to earn a better income.
- He believes the sum required for this could be provided by economising on administrative expenses.
- Attempts to shave costs by economizing on energy use reduce pollution.
- Example sentences
- There are some interesting moments in the paper, which recognizes a ‘linkage between culture and the economy’ that is ‘reflected in two associated processes: acculturation’ of the economy and economization of culture.’
- I refer to the increasing economization of our culture and the concomitant pressures bearing down on the churches to ‘market’ themselves to fickle religious ‘consumers’ in ways that distort or pervert the churches' message.
- We exist in an age in which print - the economization of writing - has an increasingly significant and precarious role in our lives.
Pronunciation: /ˌekəˌnäməˈzāSH(ə)n/ /əˌkänəˌmīˈzāSH(ə)n/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan