- 1A device designed to make a machine or system more energy-efficient.More example sentences
- The solution is an economizer that adds a second control which works in harmony with the outdoor thermostat and measures the outdoor air humidity.
- If your boiler is not equipped with an economizer then you're wasting energy up your stack.
- When outside temperatures are less than 55 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius), cooling is provided by outside air economizers for a ‘free’ cooling system.
- 2A person who reduces expenditure.More example sentences
- Mississippianization became a logical solution to population stress and concomitant problems of resource allocation in a society of rational economizers.
- In ministerial posts under Aberdeen and Palmerston, including colonial secretary, he stood out as an administrative reformer and economizer.
More definitions of economizerDefinition of economizer in:
- The British & World English dictionary