Definition of economizer in English:
1A device designed to make a machine or system more energy-efficient.
- The solution is an economizer that adds a second control which works in harmony with the outdoor thermostat and measures the outdoor air humidity.
- If your boiler is not equipped with an economizer then you're wasting energy up your stack.
- When outside temperatures are less than 55 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius), cooling is provided by outside air economizers for a ‘free’ cooling system.
2A person who reduces expenditure.
- Mississippianization became a logical solution to population stress and concomitant problems of resource allocation in a society of rational economizers.
- In ministerial posts under Aberdeen and Palmerston, including colonial secretary, he stood out as an administrative reformer and economizer.
Definition of economizer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan