Definition of ecosystem in English:
1A biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment.
- However, common species play pivotal roles in ecosystems, providing habitats and food for our fauna.
- However, there is also substitutability between organisms in an ecosystem.
- That was the first time I got to spend a lot of intimate time in a marine ecosystem.
1.1(In general use) a complex network or interconnected system: Silicon Valley’s entrepreneurial ecosystem the entire ecosystem of movie and video production will eventually go digital
More example sentences
- Successful entrepreneurs who are willing to invest time and money to support the next generation of start-ups are a vital part of the ecosystem and very complementary to the established venture capital funds.
- Earlier this year, in talking about the changing nature of sports reporting, one of the things we mentioned was that you shouldn't count out players themselves as a part of that ecosystem, since they could now go direct to fans themselves, without having to talk through a reporter.
- The introduction of this and other electric vehicles will require a vast ecosystem of entrepreneurial businesses.
Definition of ecosystem in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan