Definition of ecosystem in English:
1A biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment.
- However, common species play pivotal roles in ecosystems, providing habitats and food for our fauna.
- However, there is also substitutability between organisms in an ecosystem.
- That was the first time I got to spend a lot of intimate time in a marine ecosystem.
1.1(In general use) a complex network or interconnected system: Silicon Valley’s entrepreneurial ecosystem the entire ecosystem of movie and video production will eventually go digital
More example sentences
- We also need a greater understanding of corporate governance within the whole ecosystem.
- In an economy, government laws and government programs are part of the ecosystem.
- Perhaps the most important thing for any smartphone is the ecosystem that grows up around it.
Definition of ecosystem in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.