Another term for Bryozoa.
- In our original description the Cycliophora was related to the Entoprocta and Ectoprocta on the basis of ultrastructual research.
- In the original description we stated that the Cycliophora are related to Entoprocta / Ectoprocta.
- The internal anatomy is relatively simple, with a U-shaped gut and the anus located outside the ciliated feeding apparatus, a similar arrangement to that found in Ectoprocta and some sessile rotifers.
- Example sentences
- A number of groups, such as phoronids, ectoprocts and entoprocts, bear horseshoe-shaped tentacle rings and ‘U’ shaped digestive tracts.
- The body, similar to the zooid of ectoprocts and entoprocts, comprises a cupulate section with a robust attachment.
- The group Lophophorata contains three animal phyla - brachiopods, phoronids, and ectoprocts - all of which bear a ciliated, tentacular feeding apparatus called a lophophore.
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek ektos 'outside or external' + prōktos 'anus'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Ectoprocta in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.