- 1A thing forming an edge or border: the crocheted edging of the clothMore example sentences
- As its name depicts, these carnations are very showy when planted as part of a mixed flower border or as colorful edgings against evergreen shrubs.
- Pansies are fabulous for containers, edgings, borders, windowsill pots, or planted in masses of brilliant colors.
- They're particularly suitable for small beds, border edgings, even containers.
- 1.1The process of providing something with an edge or border.More example sentences
- When I applied to the council to erect a gravestone, I was amazed that we were not allowed to place any edging stones around the grave.
- Janet chose not to install any edging material: She says the trench was easy to install and serves as a low-maintenance barrier between bed and lawn.
- But if you have loose soil, consider using landscape timbers or another edging material to hold everything in place.
More definitions of edgingDefinition of edging in:
- The British & World English dictionary