Definition of edging in English:
1A thing forming an edge or border: the crocheted edging of the cloth
More example sentences
- As its name depicts, these carnations are very showy when planted as part of a mixed flower border or as colorful edgings against evergreen shrubs.
- Pansies are fabulous for containers, edgings, borders, windowsill pots, or planted in masses of brilliant colors.
- They're particularly suitable for small beds, border edgings, even containers.
1.1The process of providing something with an edge or border.
- When I applied to the council to erect a gravestone, I was amazed that we were not allowed to place any edging stones around the grave.
- Janet chose not to install any edging material: She says the trench was easy to install and serves as a low-maintenance barrier between bed and lawn.
- But if you have loose soil, consider using landscape timbers or another edging material to hold everything in place.
Words that rhyme with edgingmugging • turbocharging
Definition of edging in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan