Definition of eelgrass in English:
1A marine plant with long ribbonlike leaves that grows in coastal waters and brackish inlets.
- Zostera marina, family Zosteraceae
- During the spring migration (February-April), they are widespread and can be found almost anywhere that eelgrass grows, especially at Dungeness and West Sequim Bay.
- Boulders gave way to eelgrass over sand in 15m then, at 24m, the eelgrass grew sparse.
- Turtlegrass was obtained from oligotrophic waters near Lee Stocking Island, Bahamas; eelgrass was collected from a eutrophic environment in Monterey Bay, California.
Definition of eelgrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan